Madras is a beautiful, historic, and characteristic summer fabric. Usually you’d see it in bright, poppy colors and, while beautiful, we usually like to tone that down and give note to more faded and worn tones. What makes ours even more special, though, is its handmade qualities. The cotton is hand-spun into the yarns, which are hand-woven into this fabric.
Our madras reflects a lot of the natural shades from the landscape in New Mexico. We used unbleached and undyed yarns where we could, and tried to use minimally processed dyes for the browns and tan colors in there as well. They sit very well with the other colors of the collection - and why shouldn’t they? Everything is pulled from the beauty naturally found out there.
We took the rodeo plaid found in our Fall/Winter flannels and applied the earthtones onto the madras.
- Collar is unlined and unfused
- Full five button placket with corozo nut buttons
- Wythe signature feather pleats for ease of movement
- Triple needle side seams and chainstitch runoff
- Long sleeve
- 100% Cotton
- Made in India
- Machine wash cold, dry low or line dry